A sustainable and modern method of construction, LSF offers a new level of flexibility. All Icarus components are precision-engineered by our CAD technicians, who directly upload panel designs to our machines and adapt each individual piece to your design, providing load bearing or stud and track solutions. These are assembled under factory controlled conditions to ISO9001.
We work with you to create the perfect steel frame to achieve your specific dimensions, using our stud, track, frame and lattice to create curved elevations, parapets, canopies, roofing designs, atriums and more. This method produces steel components that are ready for assembly, which reduces any on-site cutting and minimises waste.
Detailed assembly drawings accompany each individual component to assist your construction team. Each product is also tested through a robust quality management system which is BS EN ISO9001: 2008 accredited.
Technical and design support is available, as we can incorporate complex design features such as bay windows, curved walls and lift shafts.
Cold-rolled galvanised C-section (stud) or U-section (track) steel supplied to the required dimensions for assembly on-site. Components are cut to size, bundled and clearly labelled. All required fixings, including deflection head brackets (DHBs), are included. Factors such as floor-to-floor heights and lateral wind pressure will determine size, spacing and anchorage, so please contact our technical team for guidance and support.
- Pre-cut service holes, as specified
- Widths: 75mm, 100mm, 150mm
- Gauges: 1.2mm, 1.6mm
- External wall panels
- Floor and ceiling cassettes
- Roof and basement structures
- Stairs and lift shafts
- Bay and projecting windows
- Balconies and walkways
Icarus components can be supplied as an infill frame/panel system for application to a primary hot rolled steel or concrete framework, or as a continuous system constructed within the main structural frame. Our pre-insulated panels reduce thermal bridging, which decreases any internal cold spots within surface of the wall.
Icarus panels also keep the steel above dew point temperature, eliminating interstitial condensation and can be supplied with a pre-fixed insulated board if this is required. Factors such as floor-to-floor heights and lateral wind pressure will determine stud size, spacing and anchorage. Please contact our technical team for guidance and support.
- External load bearing walls
- Internal load bearing walls
- Single and twin frame construction
- Liftshaft walls
- Floor cassettes
- Roof cassettes
- Balconies cassettes
- Façade panels
Icarus lattice sections offer a lightweight, versatile alternative to traditional timber roofing and flooring solutions. Large spans can be easily achieved without any supporting struts due to the high strength-to-weight ratio of steel, and this provides a way to maximise habitable space and improve layout flexibility.
Our lattices are a sustainable option for conversion or renovation work, as they reduce the load onto a primary structure. In addition, new build developments can see increases in floor space, which can substantially enhance returns.
- Individual joists
- Pre-assembled floor cassettes
- Lattice beams
- Bespoke roofing systems
- Mezzanine structures
Please contact our technical team for further design applications, guidance and support. Icarus LSF offers a range of benefits including:
- Design flexibility (1mm increments) to suit architectural intent and maximise habitable space
- Large spans, reducing internal wall requirements
- Lightweight and ideal for brownfield sites, due to reduced foundation requirements
- Speed of construction, which means less time on site and a quicker return on capital
- Rapid watertight envelope reducing weather delays
- Quality performance: no shrinking, creeping or rot
- High levels of acoustic and thermal performance
- Non-combustible: reduced fire risk
- Sustainable solution: reduced waste and can exceed sustainable building code requirements.